your hotel in the centre of Madrid
We are in the district of La Latina, in the very centre of the city, in the heart of the Madrid of the Habsburgs, in Calle del Ángel, 18.
The Basilica of San Francisco the Great is just in front of our hotel.
We are in the ideal place to start exploring this capital of leisure.
- 5 minutes from the Cava Baja, a famous area for tapas, bars, pubs and restaurants.
- 7 minutes on foot from the Royal Palace and from the Almudena Cathedral.
- 10 minutes on foot from the Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol.
- 12 minutes on foot from the shopping area of Preciados, where you will find many different shops and department stores.
How to get HRC Hotel
From the Airport
The Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez International Airport is located at a distance of 14.6 km far from the city centre and from there you can reach the hotel in different ways:
- By Subway: It will take you about 40 minutes to arrive. The cost of the ticket is 5 €.
1. From the airport pick up line 8 (Pink color) and get off 7 stops later at Nuevos Ministerios station
2. Once at Nuevos Ministerios pick up line 10 (blue color) towards Puerta del Sur , go 2 stops further and get off at Alonso Martínez station.
3. From Alonso Martínez take line 5 (Green color) in the sense Casa de Campo and advance 5 stops to the Latina station or 6 stops to Puerta de Toledo station.
The hotel is located in between Puerta de Toledo and La Latina stations both belonging to the green line and at a distance of less than 5 minutes walking. (please see the Underground Map of Madrid).
- By taxi: the ride from the airport takes about 20 or 30 minutes, depending on the traffic flow. From any terminal there is a plain fare of € 30, luggage included hasta Puerta de Toledo.
- By Bus: There actually two bus services linking the Airport to Madrid Centre namely the Urban bus and the Express bus. The ride takes approximately one hour with the Urban bus and 40 minutes with the Express Bus. They both depart from the Airport Terminal 4.
Leaves from Terminal 4 directly to Atocha Square . This service has a cost of 5 € baggage included. Once in Atocha Square search for Urban Bus nr. 148 in the sense towards CALLAO. Take off at San Francis Basilica. The Hotel is just in front. The urban bus service has a cost of 1,50 €
Urban Bus 204:
Take Urban bus nr. 204 up to Avenida de América bus terminal and once there, take the urban bus C1 to Puerta de Toledo. Just upload 300 meters walk along calle Gran Vía de San Francisco and you will find us on your right side.
Other bus services of interest:
Line 3 (Puerta de Toledo – Plaza de San Amaro). This line runs through Calle Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and Gran Vía
Line Circular (C1 – C2). These buses will take you on to Atocha railtrain Station
Línea 148 (Plaza de Callao – Puente de Vallecas). This line will take you on to Plaza de España, Plaza del Callao and to the Bus Station Center “Estación Sur de autobuses” at Méndez Álvaro.
All the roads that converge towards Madrid city are linked with the main surrounding M-30 highroad. Once at the M-30 search for the South sense towards the exit number 15 (A) Glorieta Piramides (B) Glorieta Marqués de Vadillo. Take afterwards the Toledo Street until Glorieta Puerta de Toledo, and from there take the largest avenue (4th option while circling the square) called Gran Via de San Francisco. Approx 200 meters later you will reach a little round square with the Basilica Saint Francis at your left side, once there turn right up (Calatrava Street), raise the slope and you will find the hotel just in the next corner.
By Rail Train
The city of Madrid is served by two main rail stations:
Estación de Atocha: You can reach the hotel by underground: in the same station take line 1 (light blue) towards Pinar de Chamartín and advance 3 stops to "Sol". Get off and take line 2 (red) towards Cuatro Caminos and advance one stop to "Ópera". Get off again and take line 5 (green) towards Casa de Campo and advance one stop to "Latina" or two stops to "Puerta de Toledo".
Estación de Chamartín: Again, you can reach the hotel by underground; linked to Chamartin you have a direct Access to the underground network. Take line 10 (Dark Blue) towards to Puerta del Sur and get off 5 stops later at Alonso Martínez. Switch on to line 5 (Green) towards Casa de Campo and get off 5 stops later at La Latina or 6 stops later at Puerta de Toledo.